Bonjour from Paris!
Well, not really from Paris, but definitely from France – in Epcot! That’s right, I’m back at Disney World! This time I’m here for a conference. But, I was able to sneak away for a few hours and visit 5 of European countries, including France, England, Germany, Norway, and Italy. I didn’t have much time to explore, so I tried to do something fun in each country…
- Italy – I watched street performers/mimes joke around with the audience.
- Norway – I rode the “scary” Maelstrom ride that takes you on a historic Norwegian boat adventure. I also learned that “school bread” is a sweet bread with cream filling sprinkled with almonds on top (Norway’s version of the doughnut).
- Germany – I watched the miniature train running through the Bavarian Alps, while also admiring the beautiful German crystal.
- England – I wandered around the tea shops, watched a Beetles cover band play “I want to hold your hand”, and bought the kids Charlie and Lola dolls, from the animated Charlie and Lola series on the BBC.
- France – And last but not least, I perused the soap and perfume shops in France and just had to make a stop at the patisserie for an almond French pastry…
Whew, nothing like visiting 5 countries in 2 hours! Now, it’s off to bed for me. Ciao!