British women may not be known for their style or fashion sense (the French claim to fame) but they sure know how to shop. A new poll shows that British women will spend 8 years of their lives shopping. That’s nearly a decade’s worth of shopping – and not just for clothes.
In an average of 63 years, a British woman will reportedly spend more than 25,000 hours on shopping trips for herself and her loved ones, and that doesn’t even include online shopping! In one year alone, she will make over 300 individual shopping trips, lasting a total of nearly 400 hours. Most of the shopping trips will be dedicated to food, followed by shopping for books. Yet, overall, women will spend most of their time shopping to keep up appearances, including 100 hours a year looking for clothes.
If you still think you are a power shopper, take a look at how a British woman will spend her shopping time this year:
- Clothes – 30 times, total 100 hours and 48 minutes
- Shoes – 15 times, 40 hours and 30 minutes
- Accessories – 18 times, 29 hours and 31 minutes
- Food – 84 times, 94 hours and 55 minutes
- Books – 57 times, 31 hours and 21 minutes
- Toiletries – 27 times, 17 hours and 33 minutes
- Gifts – 19 times, 36 hours and 17 minutes
- Window Shopping – 51 times, 48 hours and 51 minutes
As you can see, it sure is hard work being a woman, but I didn’t need to tell you that! Happy shopping everyone!