I am thrilled to report that I was able to enjoy my first Starbucks in nearly 3 weeks, and without going off of my restaurant diet! I owe this great delight to my sister Carrie who came into town for a visit. She and I went out to lunch yesterday and I treated using what was left over from my restaurant gift card. The lunch at Maggiano’s Little Italy – lasagna with meat sauce – was fantastic! Sorry, no photo to share.
Sisters and Starbucks
But the true highlight of my day came later in the afternoon. My sister bought me a tall mocha frappuccino as a treat. Let me tell you, it was one hell of a pick me up and a great way to end my vacation. Way to go sista friend! I drank the frozen concoction very slowly, savoring every drip. It tasted every bit as good as I remember.
Always room for dessert
After my tasty frap, I was so incredibly full that I wanted very little dinner. But, after eating a slight dinner, I had room left for the yummy chocolate banana swirl cake I made yesterday. By the way, my husband pointed out that the cake is actually labeled coffee cake, so it could be considered a breakfast item. Yes!
So, as I mentioned, today is my last day of vacation. As an update to my previous post 10 Ideas for a Great Staycation, I decided to share with you how many of my favorite vacation activities I was able to enjoy.
Jen’s Checklist of Vacation Activities:
- Relaxing by the pool or at the beach – YES, but only 1 day
- Listening to live beach-type music (a la Jimmy Buffet) – NO
- Exploring historical or cultural sites – Not unless you count the zoo
- Going out to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (ie. eating vacation food) – YES!
- Perusing eclectic shops – The Gap? JCrew? I guess my answer is NO
- Walking around outside at night – NO, too many mosquitos
- Getting a massage or having my nails done – I guess doing my own nails counts as a partial activity fulfilled
- Wearing vacation clothes – like sundresses, etc. – YES
- Taking a drive or walk by the water – NO
- Enjoying many frozen drinks with little umbrellas – YES, 2 frozen drinks but no umbrellas
- Getting up late and taking a nap whenever I want to – A big fat NO! I really have to work on this for next vacation
Although I did not do all of my fave vacation activities, I had a very nice time puttering around the city at my own pace and a great time visiting with my sis and her family.
Of course, having a Starbucks didn’t hurt either!