What do you get when you mix clever writing, with sassy lifestyle ideas, and chic fashion sense? You get the brand new, online lifestyle publication – Matchbook!
Matchbook, which launched January 2011, is a monthly magazine covering past and present fashion, decor, the arts, travel and culture – complete with intriguing interviews and luscious fashion spreads that could easily double as eye candy (drooool!).
The magazine does seem to target a certain personality and even offers a definition of sorts about what a “Matchbook Girl” is. Among other things, she….
- Laughs at her own bad jokes
- Is content to eat red velvet cake for the rest of her life
- Has a signature shade of lipstick
Ironically, I fit most of this description. Yet, when I reviewed the magazine – I immediately compared its essence to that of my favorite Sangria and some of the world’s most notable life and style icons:
- 2 Parts Chardonnay or Audrey Hepburn – timeless charm, beauty, style
- 1 Part Brandy – Coco Chanel – Classic chic with a whole lot of gumption
- 1 Part Orange Juice – Victoria Beckham – Modern sassy, slightly trashy, with a pouty pucker
- 1 Part Sugar – Kate Middleton – Sweet sophistication with princess qualities
- A few handfuls of sticky fruit or Bridget Jones – quirky, awkward, eccentric, but never dull
In other words, in my Bistro Chic world, Matchbook resembles a little bit of this and a whole lot of that. Now if that isn’t my kind of magazine, I don’t know what is!
Now ask yourself this – Are you a Matchbook Girl?