Like any bicycle-riding, red lipstick-wearing French girl, I can’t seem to get enough of crepes. Although there are many variations of crepe recipes and fillings, here are two easy recipes for both Sweet and Savory Crepes and a few yummy fillings!
- 1 cup flour (leveled)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk (full, low, or nonfat)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
Combine flour and sugar in a bowl and set aside. Blend milk, water, melted butter, and eggs in a blender. Slowly add in dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Cover and set in the fridge for one hour. Spray an 8-inch frying pan and heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and swirl the batter so that it fills the pan in one thin layer. Cook on one side until for about 1 minute or until lightly browned (as seen by carefully lifting the crepe with a spatula). Carefully flip on the opposite side and cook through. Repeat until the rest of the batter is finished. Makes 12-14 crepes.
– spread nutella peanut butter on the crepes, fold the crepes over and drizzle with chocolate sauce
– add fruit filling of your choice, such as raspberries, strawberries, peaches, etc. Fold over and sprinkle with powdered sugar
Same recipe as above with the following substitutions:
- Omit sugar
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt with the dry ingredients
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of seasonings such basil, Italian seasoning, minced chives, etc. with the wet ingredients
– sauteed chicken, mushrooms, and spinach in a white sauce
– scrambled eggs with bacon