Have you ever wished you could experience Europe or even a different country, without the excessive expense or time away from work? With one month to go until the unofficial end of summer, why not plan a few European-like experiences right in your own area – a European Staycation of sorts.
Here are a few of my favorite European experiences to get you started….
12 Ideas for a European Staycation
1. Indulge in afternoon tea at a local hotel or cafe
2. Attend a local rugby match, horse race, or tennis match
3. Visit a botanic garden or participate in a garden walk
4. Watch Shakespearean play performed under the stars
5. Savor the taste of Italian Gelato or Napoli-style pizza made in a wood-fired oven
6. Sip on espresso in the afternoon while listening to Andrea Bocelli
7. Browse an art gallery for Renaissance Italian art
8. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast of croissants and French preserves
9. Take a bike ride along the riverfront, lake shore, or through a park
10. Visit a Farmer’s Market for fresh cheese, vegetables, bread, or just pick up a few flowers
11. Prepare a late-night supper of Spanish tapas, complete with cava sangria
12. Channel your inner Picasso and paint a picture freehand while listening to the Gipsy Kings and sipping Spanish wine
What’s your favorite way to spend a European staycation?
Visit Bistro Chic on Thursday to find out how I’m spending my European staycation!