In my previous post, I shared with you several ways that you could have your very own European-themed staycation, no matter where you live.
While writing that post, I realized that there are still several experiences I wanted to add to my summer to-do list. And, it just so happens that these experiences take me to England, France, and the Mediterranean – at least in my dreams!
Here are just a few European-themed experiences I have planned for the rest of the summer:
- Enjoying afternoon tea at the Drake Hotel in downtown Chicago – which I will be doing this Saturday!
- Going to the Bristol Renaissance Faire – complete with knights, knaves, Queen Elizabeth I, and Robin Hood
- Attending French Connection Days – a place to experience all things France, including macrons, Madeleine, and a miniature Eiffel Tower
- Watching Midnight in Paris – a movie I’ve been wanting to see all summer
- Strolling around a Farmer’s Market for fresh fruit, cheese, and flowers
- Attending the Gipsy Kings Concert at Ravinia – a fantastic Spanish/French group – Gitana music at its best
- Dining at the Purple Pig (done!) – a lovely little Mediterranean/tapas cafe on Michigan Ave. in Chicago