Joyeux anniversaire to me! Although today was my actual birthday, in our family we celebrate birthdays over an entire weekend so I’ve had 3 days full of birthday surprises and wishes. While most people would celebrate a birthday in a typical American fashion – with a birthday cake and going out to dinner – I asked for a more unique birthday celebration – a French-themed birthday!
How fortunate I am to have a family who obliges my Francophile personality. Just look at all of the lovely French things I did:
- Was surprised with fresh flowers and fresh French bread at dinner
- Enjoyed a lovely French wine – Pouilly-Fuisse
- Indulged in a French breakfast treat – le croissant!
- Dined at a chic Bistro – bon appetit
- Read a brand new French book – Parisian Chic. It’s a real must for anyone who loves French style!
- Savored a French espresso (or 2, or 3, but who’s keeping track, right?)
- Listened to French music a la Paris Combo and Pink Martini
- Painted my nails with You Don’t Know Jacques from OPI
And now Bistro Chic readers – How do you plan to spend your birthday?