(Photo courtesy of Flickr)
Not only are British women crazy about their handbags, but they are also head over heels for their shoes! A recent survey of 2,000 British women shows that the average British woman has at least 17 pairs of shoes. The survey also revealed some interesting tidbits on British shoe habits.
According to the British shoe survey:
- British women report spending 2/3 of their time in heels
- Almost 50% report buying shoes on impulse
- 70% admit buying shoes they’ve never worn
- Nearly 50% report buying shoes after spotting “must-haves” in a shop window
- 30% report they’ve bought shoes simply because they liked the color
- 16% report they’ve bought shoes to look good for a date
- 10% admit to owning more than 30 pairs
Now, 17 pairs of shoes may seem like a drop in the proverbial shoe bucket to Carrie Bradshaw-loving Americans. However, it’s actually not too far off from American shoe habits. In fact, a 2007 Consumer Reports survey revealed that the average American woman owns 19 pairs of shoes.
I’ve never considered myself a shoe person. Don’t get me wrong, I like shoes, but I don’t go overboard. However, after actually counting my shoes, I realized that I have 25 pairs of shoes!!! So obviously my personal shoe perception is way off because I have more than the average shoes for both British and American women. I also realized that I only wear 5-8 of these shoes on a regular basis. Hmm, time to do a little shoe-thinning!
thats happen to me sometimes i found shoes i don’t know i own