We’ve all heard the adage that Style Never Goes Out of Fashion. Well, no one personifies this idea more than a French woman. From Bridget Bardot to Audrey Toutou, French women have achieved global notoriety in areas of fashion, femininity, and a true French chic style.
This idea of style seems to have been handed down from generation to generation among French women. Although modern French women do their best to create their own signature look, most tend to follow the classic elements of style, ones that make her look seem effortlessly chic, effortlessly French.
To illustrate this idea of the classic French chic style, take a look at this trés chic video produced by VideoJug. Here you will get a first-hand account of fashion and style from a French woman herself…
So, as you can see, in order to achieve the French chic style you need to…
- Start with the Basics – Buy classic, timeless pieces of clothing, particularly in black, and then add to them with jewelry, scarves, shoes, etc
- Wear dresses – According to our throaty French friend “they are your best friend”.
- Choose style over comfort – It’s better to be a little uncomfortable for the sake of style. This means you may need to wear a size too small or wear heels that are higher than you’re used to.
- Accessorize – Master the art of wearing long chunky beads as well as tying a scarf in several ways.
- Use Make-up – But keep it subtle. A bit of blush, a bit of mascara, a bit of lipstick, and a lot of passion is what you need.
- Create the Image – A French woman is feminine, confident, graceful, and elegant. Everything you wear and do should reflect this.
However, I highly suggest you do not include cigarettes as part of your image or style. To me, that just screams Amy Winehouse, more than an eyeliner/eyeshadow combination any day.