When I travel for business, I try to pick up small things to bring home that will remind me of all of the great cities or places that I visited. For instance, in the last few years, I’ve brought home:
- Pure maple syrup – Montreal
- A maple leaf pin – Vancouver
- A tiny liberty bell – Philadelphia
- Ghirradelli chocolates – San Francisco
- Wine corks and tasting cards – Napa Valley
- English Breakfast tea – London (Harrods)
- Guest soaps – Barcelona
All of these trinkets are great reminders of the places that I’ve traveled. But my favorite thing to bring home from a trip is something more extraordinary than anything mentioned above. It’s that one, beautiful, unique, and perfect photo that completely encompasses the feeling that I had on my trip. A picture may be worth a thousands words, but when it comes to travel photos, a picture is worth a thousand memories.
Have a favorite memento from your travels? Let me hear about it!