Beach vacations are a great way to recharge from your job, your family responsibilities or even your life in general. Whether you’re in Hilton Head, Maui, Outer Banks, or the French Riviera, there’s something simultaneously healing and refreshing about the sunshine, sand and salty air. So if you’re debating on where to spend your end of summer getaway, a seaside retreat will give you all of those beachy feels you’ve been longing for, with no shoes, no “fancy” shirt or itinerary required.
7 Reasons to Take a Beach Vacation This Summer
- Low Stress Vacay – Unlike adventure travel or traveling for the purpose of site seeing, a true beach vacation begs you to take a huge deep breath and just melt into your beach towel or lounge chair in the sun. And, your only stress is deciding where you want to eat or keeping sand out of your room.
- Relaxed Attitude and Atmosphere – Most beach towns are laid back by nature, where locals run on “beach time” and live their own simply luxurious life where frills and formality are not needed or expected. It’s hard to “live fast” in a place like this. Stay there long enough and this relaxed, casual atmosphere may turn you into a local.
- Resort Casual Wear All Day Long – There are few places other than the beach where it is acceptable to be in your bathing suit all day long, rock a coverup at the beach bar for lunch, followed by wearing casual shorts or a summer dress for dinner. Just sayin….
- Consistently Good Weather – Although weather can be influenced by location and season, there are many beach destinations that provide consistently good, even great, weather for most or even your entire vacation – beaches in Hawaii and Southern California are great examples. The cool ocean breezes and salty air smell are merely icing on the already delicious cake.
- Water and Land Action – If your patience and skin can only take so much of the beach and sun, seaside towns can offer an array of activities from water-based fun like deep sea fishing, jet skiing, kayaking, and snorkeling, to land-based action like biking, beach volleyball, bonfires, and more.
- Tunes and Drinks to Match the Mood – The beach is where you can truly enjoy that Rum Runner or Mai Tai and listen to every Jimmy Buffet or Bob Marley song without feeling cheesy or resentful.
- Insta-worthy Sunsets – Those vibrant beachside sunsets you see on instagram are for real and they are truly magical. If seeing a sunset over the ocean along the beach is not already on your bucket list, what are you waiting for?
Need help in deciding what to pack on your truly fabulous beach vacation? Check out these 6 beach day essentials.
Stay salty my friends!